Monday, May 23, 2011

Japan, Day 2

(May 14)

Started the day with Nihongo class at 9:30am. It's nice that the city offers free classes. I took the bus to class downtown and was back in the apartment by lunchtime.

a neighbor's house has dolls by the window :)
a happy sight as I walked past it on my way to the bus stop


after lunch I hung out in the student lounge at Ronjie's school


I got to nap a bit and awoke to music - there was an ongoing jazz session thing


cool!

I spent the rest of the afternoon in Ronjie's old apartment. Caught some pretty wildflowers (weeds?) while walking in the neighborhood.

By around 5, Ronjie passed for me - we biked to a nearby techie mall (a couple of his colleagues accompanied us) to apply for internet connection for our apartment. That took about an hour and a half, by the time we were done, we were all dinner-hungry. We biked around and decided to eat at a shabu-shabu eat-all-you-can (JPY2,000 for 90 minutes). I ordered a la carte and had tempura and some noodles. For dessert I had this:


plain ice cream with green tea mousse and black jelly


it also came with molasses (?) which could be drizzled over the ice cream

The bike ride home was a bit tiring. The route was uphill and it was really cold already then; I also wasn't really comfortable with the borrowed bike I was using. Pero, kayang-kaya. Will be getting my own bike soon. It was a good day. :)


Calvin and Hobbes 110514

No comments:

Post a Comment