Monday, August 30, 2010

August 30

I had coffee this morning. I don't normally drink coffee because I get acid attacks when I do. (I think I developed hyperacidity. :( I used to be able to drink coffee with no problems before.) But this morning, I made myself a cup (mug :D) just so I could try the White Coffee Tarik I got from a recent trip to Malaysia. Sarap! I missed coffee. Too bad my tummy started acting up just halfway through the mug.

cute mug from Ann :)


I want to show off some of my accomplishments this month!

One, I'm finally done with 'Me Talk Pretty One Day'! I read it for 4 years. Collection of entertaining essays. I don't know why it took me so long to finish :-S maybe because it's so easy to set aside, especially when there are other books around. I read around 3 books at a time; when I decide to focus on finishing 1 book, this is the easiest to put on the back burner because it's not a novel where continuity and reading momentum are important.

memorable pa naman 'to because it's the first and only autographed International Bestseller I own

If it's any consolation, it's taken me more than 4 years to finish other books. :) Hehe.

Also recently finished all the puzzles in this Sudoku book. Mixed emotions: happy because of the accomplishment and sad because I have to go back to doing normal--now-boring--Sudoku puzzles (free in the daily newspaper). I like Kakuro more now.

Sudoku variations puzzle book from Sherleen

And I learned how to make origami sakura, from here.

Good night :) One more day to September... Christmas countdown na!

2 comments:

  1. I want pandesal! And I finished na nga din pala the Kakuro book you gave me, the one with everyone's well-wishes for me. So now I'm solving Kakuro from this website: http://www.krazydad.com/puzzles.php They also have Sudoku! And other similar puzzles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good looking origami sakura! btw, maybe that's why it's taking me a long while to finish the murakami book. it's not one long novel kasi! ehehehe :P

    ReplyDelete